Sunday, January 1, 2012

Change of Plans again...

It's been a little over a month, I gave birth on November 28th and contrary to everything I prepared for, Rosalie Anne was born alive and is doing well as we start the year 2012. She was 3 lbs 5 oz and 16 inches long. She is still the same size... She is very little but oh so very strong. I'm grateful that I get to spend time with her, to get to know her and be a mom. I remember when I got the news all I asked for was a minute so I could meet her, I just wanted enough time to say hello and good-bye... BUT she had different plans and was released with hospice care the day after she was born.
A nurse comes every other day to our house to check her heart, oxygen level and lungs but so far she is doing well with no interference. Julie is our hospice nurse and she is just amazing, I wasn't sure how I would feel about a nurse coming over to check on the baby... but she is so caring, answers all our questions and makes us feel at ease, I actually look forward to her coming. She comes with a social worker Kenny, who is so sweet and compassionate. It's an awesome team and we are grateful to have them in our lives. It's overwhelming at times and it is nice to have that help and support.
For now I'm busy being a new mom, she is just like any other baby... wakes up every few hours to eat, get changed and back to sleep. So far she is doing well, that is the most important thing. She is comfortable and she is not suffering. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, Rosalie sounds very resilient and very special. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you both.
    -Mike Davis (CLU)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just seeing these now.....I am grateful too, although I can't be with her. I am coming very soon and look forward to the time I can hold her and be a real grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!!!! If we all could be as strong as you!

    ReplyDelete